unable to make install under cygwin

Angelo Fraietta angelo_f at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 12 01:28:13 UTC 2003

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>Am Die, 2003-03-11 um 23.46 schrieb Angelo Fraietta:
>
>>I am unable to make and install RTEMS under cygwin.
>>
>>If I do a make all, RTEMS builds (the samples still don't work though);
>>however, if I do a make install, I get the following failure:
>>
>>/usr/nin/install: cannot create regular file
>>//opt/rtems/i386-rtems/pc386/lib " no such host or network
>>
>In which directory does this happen ?

ifrstly should have read

/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file

I am in directory /develop/build

>>I believe the problem is that is is trying to go to //opt instead of /opt
>>
>If this hold, this would qualify as a massive bug in Cygwin.
>
>>Is there anything special I need to do in the configure for cygwin?
>>
>Basically it should be: Make sure all partitions are mounted binary and
>make sure your /bin/sh is bash (Former versions of Cygwin shipped ash as
>/bin/sh - I don't know about the current status).

How does one do this. I downloaded and installed the latest cygwin and
there was no sh in the /bin directory
This causes the configure to fail immediately
So I made a symlink from /bin/bash to bin/sh, howevere, this configured,
however, this made the build fail during the make all

So I copied sh.exe from my previous cygwin and this is currently
building, however, I will have to wait until the install takes place to
see what happens

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859