unable to make install under cygwin

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Mar 11 22:59:53 UTC 2003

Am Die, 2003-03-11 um 23.46 schrieb Angelo Fraietta:
> I am unable to make and install RTEMS under cygwin.
>
> If I do a make all, RTEMS builds (the samples still don't work though);
> however, if I do a make install, I get the following failure:
>
> /usr/nin/install: cannot create regular file
> //opt/rtems/i386-rtems/pc386/lib " no such host or network
In which directory does this happen ?

> I believe the problem is that is is trying to go to //opt instead of /opt
If this hold, this would qualify as a massive bug in Cygwin.

> Is there anything special I need to do in the configure for cygwin?
Basically it should be: Make sure all partitions are mounted binary and
make sure your /bin/sh is bash (Former versions of Cygwin shipped ash as
/bin/sh - I don't know about the current status).

However, I haven't used Cygwin for building RTEMS for several years

Ralf