Problems setting up the libcpu directory structure

David Dudley rtems-users at StarBlade.com
Fri Mar 14 17:27:41 UTC 2003

I've run into a little problem setting up the libbsp/libcpu directory
structures for the AVR chip.

I defined a structure like this (which is a mirror of the structure of the
'sh' directory):
libbsp
  + avr
      + DL16  (our particular board name)
libcpu
  + avr
       + ATmega128  (chip on the board)

Inside the ATmega128 directory I have the drivers for the console, clock, rtc,
etc....

Inside the DL16 directory I have the drivers for our specific board
implementation.

The bootstrap program runs with out any errors, and builds the links into the
avr directories.
OK, now when you do a configure, things go fine.  No errors or anything else.
When you run make however, the make starts building the package, making the
directories and copying files around, and eventually gets to the libbsp and
libcpu directories.  The libbsp directory looks like its defined OK, and gets
copies of the stuff from the avr/DL16 directory, however, when the make moves
to the libcpu directory, it creates a directory called ATmega128 (right?),
and then tries to do a preinstall on the DL16 subdirector, which of course,
doesn't exist.

Whats wrong?  I have looked and looked, and I've built the directory structure
and configure.ac files in what it looks like is the right form.

Also, under the libbsp/avr directory, is it OK to have just our board name
directly at that level, or wouldn't it be better to list it as a subdirectory
of the company name (such as "StarBlade/DL16")?

David Dudley