(Fwd) Re: DOSFS bug fixes, IDE drivers and sample released

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Wed Mar 19 08:00:56 UTC 2003

> I have downloaded all the patches and performed the build, however, the sasmple is not being built.
> I also configured with --enable-tests, but still the sample was not built.
>
> I tried to build it using a makefile, however, I got a compile error unable to include /rtems/ata.h
>
> I looked in the install directories, however, ata.h is not there (it is in the source directory)
>
> Do I have to do something special in the configure to build this?

Yes, since the rtems source tree has been modified (some
directories added etc) you will have to "bootstrap" the
autoconf/automake files to get them up to date. So you hae to
install the proper autoconf/automake versions for rtems-
4.6.0pre1 (see the tool versions specified either in the
source tree or on the OAR ftp site), and then go to the rtems
source tree base directory and type

./bootstrap

Make sure to have some coffee and a good book nearby, because
this procedure take a lot of time.

wkr,
	Thomas

> --
> Angelo Fraietta
>
> PO Box 859
> Hamilton NSW 2303
>
> Home Page
>

> http://www.users.bigpond.com/angelo_f/
>
> There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is CURIOSITY
> There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others - that is VANITY
> There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve - that is LOVE
>     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email:    Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
PGP public key available at: http://www.imd-