exception when initializing web_server

Valette Eric eric.valette at free.fr
Tue Mar 25 08:34:10 UTC 2003

M.C.Shao wrote:
> To all,
>   hello, my friends, I have run the rtems ftpd successsfully, but encount problems when use rtems_initialize_webserver(),
> when the web server initialization functions is called, the following exception message was printed on the console:
>
> --------------------------------------
> Exception 0 caught at PC 11EB43 by thread 167837703
> Processor execution content at time of the fault was:
> EAX = 32    EBX = 32    ECX = 0    EDX = 0
> ESI = 7FDE64C    EPI = 0     EBP = 3ABDDC    ESP = 3ABD80
> Error code pushed by processor itself (if not 0) = 0
> ***********FAULTY THREAD WILL BE DELETED*************
> webserver initialized

As you have the PC (0x11EB43), I suggest to use gdb *on the .obj* file
and do a dssassemble to know which instruction is causing the problem.
As you have the registers, you should be able to determine why it fails.

--
   __
  /  `                   	Eric Valette

Tel: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76	Fax: +33 (0)2 99 85 26 76
E-mail: eric.valette at free.fr