PowerPC shared rtems PCI support, has the pci memory mapping changed?

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu May 1 22:59:38 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm re-doing PR377 against rtems-ss-20030417 and I'm running into some
trouble where it seems the pci memory mapping is running off the end
of dbat2.  In this case, I have a cpci dec21140 board, which maps to
FBEFFF80 which looks right, but the pci memory mapping region is
defined by

setdbat(2, PCI_MEM_BASE, PCI_MEM_BASE, 0x10000000, IO_PAGE);

the onboard dec unit maps to C1060000 and is working fine.  The
bootstrap loader seems to have the code that rigs all the pci memory
mapping, but the pci bus reconfigure logic is extra complicated &
horrible so understanding whats going on will take a while.

If I'm right, it suggests bootloader/pci.c should be changed to get
the bus 1+ devices mapped into the dbat2 range above.  Could anyone
who has worked in this part of RTEMS comment on the problem/solution?

Thanks,

Greg