OS section organization

Brett Swimley brett.swimley at aedinc.net
Thu May 8 14:55:48 UTC 2003

Hello all,

Is there a preferred way to modify source code section information or modify my
linker script to allow me to move more frequently executed sections of the OS
(such as context switching) into faster memory?

I'm using the 5272 Coldfire and would like to place more frequently executed
pieces of code into internal SRAM, which has a much faster access time than
external SDRAM.

Ideally, the change would be transparent to existing processors and BSPs, but
would allow those BSPs that desire this functionality to be able to pick it up
and utilize it.

Regards,

Brett Swimley
--