rtems-4.6pre5 building first time WITH Ada

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Mon Nov 10 16:09:46 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 15:41, Chris Sparks wrote:
> So which version Redhat Linux should I be using?
I will not recommend any particular Linux distribution nor version.
Any (semi-) recent Linux distribution should work.

If wanting to use Joel's binary RPMS you need to ensure your Linux
distribution is compatible to it. RH-7.0 apparently is too old for
Joel's binary RPMS.

If it isn't, you'll have to rebuild the RPMS from nosrc.rpms or find
ways to build the toolchain from source, rsp. find ways to get Joel's
rpms going on your system (This will not be easy).

>   Is there a way to use Windows 2000?
You could try Cygwin if you really want to use Windows, but I would not
want nor recommend to do so ;)

Ralf