remote debug questions

Chuck Tuffli chuck_tuffli at agilent.com
Wed Nov 12 15:06:58 UTC 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 09:52:41AM +0100, EL KOLLI Yacine wrote:

> Have you initialized the rdbg daemon in your application
> (rtems_rdbg_initialize()) ?

I did find some references to what others have done, but the code is
still missing something. Below are the modifications I made to the
ticker program to enable rdbg. I have no idea if the below is either
necessary or sufficient :)

Thanks for any pointers!

---chuck

#define CONFIGURE_INIT

#include <rtems/rtems_bsdnet.h>
extern void rtems_rdbg_initialize(void);
extern void enterRdbg(void);
extern int rtems_fxp_attach(struct rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig *, int);

static struct rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig netdriver_config = {
    "fxp0",
    rtems_fxp_attach,
    NULL,
    "10.0.0.7",
    "255.255.255.0",
};

struct rtems_bsdnet_config rtems_bsdnet_config = {
    &netdriver_config,
    NULL,
    0,
    0,
    0,
    "testsys",
    "agilent.com",
    "10.0.0.1",         /* gateway */
    NULL,
};

#include "system.h"

rtems_task Init( rtems_task_argument argument)
{
  rtems_status_code status;
  rtems_time_of_day time;

  rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network();
  rtems_rdbg_initialize();
  enterRdbg();

  puts( "\n\n*** CLOCK TICK TEST ***" );

Chuck Tuffli    <chuck_tuffli AT NO_SPAM agilent DOT com>
Agilent Technologies, Storage Area Networking