Question to OAR

Dieter Schaefer Dieter.B.Schaefer at t-online.de
Mon Nov 17 23:44:24 UTC 2003

> In general terms, OAR does not have most of the hardware represented in
> the RTEMS source tree.  We do automated build tests on all
> configurations  using GNU/Linux as the host.  Some targets are tested.

Well, I could possibly help to perform some test on powerpc platforms.
I have several MPC8xx boards at my possession. Could be used for testing.
Similar situation is for boards with ColdFire.  5206 + 5272 boards are available.
Those boards are known to work with CodeWarrior from MetroWerks.
Guess it's not a big deal to get RTEMS to work too, because the GNU tools
already work.
One of the next steps on my list is to get RTEMS working on a 528x board.
Hardware is available and uCLinux is already up and working.
(BTW, I've tried to port eCos for ColdFire - it's a real mess ...)

> Solaris and Cygwin are only spot checked by OAR.  I saw your post
> but was out of town for two weeks so wasn't in a position to even ask
> someone to check it.
>
> Thomas, Ralf, and I had a discussion that having some mechanism on the
> web site for people to record that they tested host X -> BSP Y with
> RTEMS version Z on date Q would be very useful.  I agree but that
> script infrastructure does not appear automatically.  If someone wants
> to provide a simple form and CGI script to collect this information
> and append it to an ASCII file and another form/CGI script to perform
> simple searches (e.g. grep) that would be a nice submission.
>
> > I think, that could save people some time and possibly avoid chasing
> > a phantom.
>
> Apparently you know the solution.  This is open source and that means
> sometimes solving problems on your own.  Please share your solution and
> it will be included in the main source if that's the issue.

it's on the way ... answering the mail from Ralf Corsepius.

> If you want prompt responses to specific questions, that's what support
> contracts provide.  Sorry, there is a limit to free and expecting
> quick responses is not within that limit.
>
> Not being harsh -- just being realistic.  Bill paying activities
> and requests get the highest attention. :)

I face the same problem ... paying customers have always some
higher priority - that's live ...

Dieter Schaefer