Question to OAR

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Tue Nov 18 00:14:58 UTC 2003

Dieter Schaefer wrote:

> Similar situation is for boards with ColdFire.  5206 + 5272 boards are available.
> Those boards are known to work with CodeWarrior from MetroWerks.
> Guess it's not a big deal to get RTEMS to work too, because the GNU tools
> already work.

The 5206 + 5272 work.

> One of the next steps on my list is to get RTEMS working on a 528x board.

This a V2 core and should work for basic setups. Running from the internal flash or
SRAM may take extra work.

The issue is BSP support.

I suggest the boards RTEMS should support in the main source is the eval boards from
Motorola. This comes with the dbug bootrom. If this is used the low level
initialisation of the processor is not needed and any new boards from Motorola will
take less effort to have RTEMS support.

I have a FEC + MII phy driver which if not in libchip should be placed in libchip. I
currently have no time to perform this task, but happy to make the code available if
someone wishes to make a patch.

--
  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec . com . au