problem with using rdbg on i386 target

Eugene Denisov dea at sendmail.ru
Thu Nov 27 16:13:20 UTC 2003

Hello.

I'm trying to use remote debugging of i386-pc target via
ethernet and get the following problem:

As I understand I need to compile gdb-5.2 with applied patches
from current RTEMS release (4.6.0pre5) with
--target=i386-RTEMS

unfortunately it fail to compile with this target (however it
successfully compiles for i386-rtems target):

$ ../gdb-5.2/configure --prefix=/opt/rtems-gdb
--target=i386-RTEMS
Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnu host.
Invalid configuration `i386-RTEMS': system `RTEMS' not
recognized
Unrecognized target system name i386-RTEMS.

I attempted to modify configure scripts but get no success.

Please help me.

Best regards,
Eugene Denisov