UDP packet not sent (LEON+OpenCores NIC)

Wed Nov 12 11:35:16 UTC 2003

Rolf Schroedter wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>> Are you trying to run at 100 Mbits?  Jiri Gaisler mentioned to me
>> that the OpenCores
>> NIC is not 100% perfect at 100 Mbits.
>

> The Linux-PC NIC is 10 Mbits.
> Therefore I assume that the OpenCores NIC runs also at 10 Mbits.
> The communication is stable until the first 960 byte packet is
> written to the IP stack.

OK.  Just a thought.  Jiri did run ttcp on the nic before submitting it so
it was stable in his configuration at 10 Mbits.

Given the custom nature of the LEON+NIC, it could be hardware or
something as simple as a stack size.  Somehow I doubt a basic driver
but given that it worked for Jiri.