Question to OAR

Thu Nov 20 14:12:17 UTC 2003

Dieter Schaefer wrote:
>>All,
>>
>>Perhaps this lends to a new focus group such as a testing committee
>>essentially those that have a stake in a certain hardware / target
>>platform.  Snapshots would occur as currently, but adding a "freeze
>>point" at certain intervals to allow the testing committee to report
>>their results (in a timely manner).  Just some thoughts.
>>
>>Mark Johannes
>>Vice President, Technology
>>OAR Corporation
>>

> Good idea
> Would be interested to join and support this group/testing committee.
> As I mentioned in a previous post, I could possibly support testing on
> some available hardware.

The core of the issue is that there needs to be a searchable log of test
reports frequently enough to be useful.

And if a BSP goes long enough (length TBD) without a report then it
needs to be killed.  I think it would be sufficient in many cases to
get a report like "tested on a custom board with BSP based upon
gen68360" since some of the BSPs and libcpu are intended to be largely
independent of a specific board.

A mailing list would be the easiest thing since it is free form and
already searchable.