Static section initializing

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Nov 25 15:46:17 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 18:03, gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:
> IIRC, _init is empty because you don't have quite the right set of
> system libraries in your link script.  I think you need to include the
> crtbegin, crtend- which gcc generates.  Look at the motorola_shared
> bsp's link script- last time I used C++ in RTEMS it handled the
> constructors properly.

Gregory, thanks for the hint, but I have something wrong:

	In my gcc installation (which was downloaded from the RTEMS site
powerpc-rtems-gcc (GCC) 3.2.2 (OAR Corporation
gcc-3.2.2-20030326/newlib-1.11.0-20030326-2)

 there are files like crtbegin.o, but they do not contain any _init/_fini
symbols. Contrary, there are ecrti.o files which do contain _init/_fini, but
these are empty (I made objdump -s).

	Do you have any idea where the working _init resides?
--
Leon Pollak
leonp at plris dot com