Has anyone tried IP multicast with RTEMS?

Phil Torre ptorre at zetron.com
Mon Oct 20 18:15:50 UTC 2003

Greetings All,

Can anyone report success with RTEMS and multicast?  From what I can
tell by looking through the source, it looks like the FreeBSD stack
is multicast-capable, but I may have some work to do in the Ethernet
device driver (for MPC860, as used in the eth_comm BSP).

I haven't done any experiments yet, but we will want to be doing
multicast in future product development, so I'm just looking ahead.

Thanks,
-Phil

Phil Torre                               phone: 425-820-6363 x234
Design Engineer                          email: ptorre at zetron.com
Switching Systems Group                    fax: 425-820-7031
Zetron, Inc.                               web: http://www.zetron.com