4.6.0pre5 available

Mon Oct 20 18:52:10 UTC 2003

Hi,

RTEMS 4.6.0pre5 is available for download from:

   ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/releases/4.6.0pre5

Documentation is online at:

http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.6.0pre5/share/rtems/html/

Thanks to everyone who has tested and provided feedback.  We
tracked 58 issues through GNATS.  The biggest change is that
thanks to Ralf and a lot of build time, we now have tools that
are specific to the 4.6 release series.  This means that you
can have 4.6.x tools and 4.7 snapshot tools installed on the
same machine simultaneously.  For those of you who remember when
the 4.5 release tools quit working on the snapshots, you will
appreciate this. As much as I hated to delay the release to
incorporate this, it is a good feature for the RTEMS Development
Environment to have.

I found the typo impacting the RTEMS Download Helper at
http://www.rtems.com/down.html and think it is working
correctly again.

Also even though I wanted the final 4.6.0 and not a preview,
there are a couple of other good reasons:

   + task variable dtor fix
   + delay freeing memory when in critical section
   + some minor documentation cleanups

I have fixes to the above in my CVS tree and will be filing PRs
over the next few days as I test them.  Please treat 4.6.0pre5
as a near final release and report problems quickly.  The plan
is to cut 4.6.0 ASAP after I cut a new snapshot using RTEMS 4.7
tools.

Thanks.