RTEMS: A beginner...

Tue Oct 21 15:33:16 UTC 2003

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda wrote:

> You can get used to the api and the tool chain using POSIX BSP
> This BSP allows you to run RTEMS on top of any POSIX compatible OS,
> inculding linux and windows with cygwin.

The POSIX/UNIX BSP can't support some of the services since they
conflict with the native UNIX services the BSP is written in terms
of.  That BSP was written before CPU simulators were commonly available
and now I would recommend to anyone using RTEMS to have at least
one of the simulator BSPs at their disposal.

The BSPs for simulators that should be of the most general use are:

   + powerpc/psim (sim in gdb)
   + sparc/erc32  (sim in gdb)
   + mips/jmr3904 (sim in gdb)
   + i386/pc386   (Bochs)