Problems with bochs

CamiloAlejo at netscape.net CamiloAlejo at netscape.net
Fri Oct 31 00:52:22 UTC 2003

Hello,

After reading some posts, I decided to try RTEMS (4.6.0pre4) on BOCHS simulator. I compiled everything (i386-rtems-gcc, binutils and rtems with pc386 BSP) and tried to run the test programs. They failed in BOCHS but they boot in the real machine. Also, 4.5.0 binaries work fine with the same BOCHS setup.

I think the generated code is not i386, but it includes some upper processor instructions. Is there any way to be sure that the generated code is 386 only? Has anybody had a similar problem?

Thanks,

Camilo A. Arboleda.