Problem when building RTEMS optimized version

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Oct 15 16:10:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 17:47, mikeci at acm.org wrote:
> > Did you look in the config file that lives under make/custom/?
>
> Yes, but it is not set there. There are couple of .m4 files where you can
> find
> -g. Is there a easy way to remove -g from optimized build?

CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET

But ... -g does not have any influence on optimization nor actual
code-size. It only avoids adding debug information during compilation.

> And second
> question, who to avoid building samples each time when building libraries?
No easy way with rtems-4.6.

> I tought that when you do configure without enabling tests this should be
> enough. Still samples are built with enabling tests and without.
In rtems-4.6, the samples will always be built.

--enable-tests additionally enables the actual test-suite.

> Any ideas?
In RTEMS-CVS trunk, --disable-tests suppresses building the samples.

Ralf