4.6 final tidying up

Thu Sep 4 21:02:42 UTC 2003

Hi,

I thought we were ready for 4.6 a couple of weeks ago when Ralf
came across a number of broken URLs and email addresses in the
documentation tree.  These were due to the new rtems.com
site now hosting everything.  I think all of these are worked through
now.

Also about the same time, there was a side discussion about setting
things up so 4.6 tools could be installed at the same time as snapshot
tools.  This was and continues to be a problem with 4.5 as there were
header file changes after 4.5 was released when make it so the toolsets
have to match the release or snapshot.

Thanks to nice work by Ralf, I am in the process of building new
4.6 tools which will install into /opt/rtems-4.6 and be in the
RTEMS/4.6 RPM group.  After this round of tools is available,
you will be able to keep separate release and snapshots prebuilt
tool binaries installed simulataneously.

Others have dropped minor issues in the mix which all have been merged.

So things are winding down for 4.6.0.  If there are any issues,
please speak up.  In particular, if you know of any out of date
documentation, please submit fixes.  It really does help.