Rough evaluation of execution time

Fabio Degiovanni - Eicas degiovanni at eicas.it
Tue Sep 9 07:29:52 UTC 2003

Thank you very much for help. I know that accurate time measurement
could be done only on the hardware, but at the moment we don't have the
ERC32 target available and we have to coumpute a rough estimation.

When Gregm speaks about the min resolution of the OS clock tick, I
presume that you speak about the target platform OS (in my case LInux, I
know that Linux use the 8254 timer with a frequency of 100Hz) otherwise
I don't understand because using the configuration parameter
CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK within RTEMS it seeems to me that I can
get a resolution of 1 us. Could you kindly explain this concept better
to me?

On the other hand Joel Sherrill told me that the simulator's notion of
time is independent of the host computer's
speed. What about the time resolution? I presume that this is host
computer dipendent. In which way?

Could anyone told me where I can find what erc32 is simulated by sis/gdb
(a 10, 14, or 15 Mhz or what)?

Thank you very much

Fabio Degiovanni

--