Rough evaluation of execution time

Fabio Degiovanni - Eicas degiovanni at eicas.it
Tue Sep 16 08:23:16 UTC 2003

Dear Sirs,
	In the last days I sent some questions about a rough evaluation of
execution time using gdb/sis simulator of ERC32. Some of my questions
didn't find an answer. I kindly ask anyone of you that could help me to
reply this message when you find time.

Could anyone told me where I can find what erc32 is simulated by sis/gdb
(a 10, 14, or 15 Mhz or what)?

Joel Sherrill told me that the simulator's notion of
time is independent of the host computer's
speed. What about the time resolution? I presume that this is host
computer dipendent. In which way? When I use the
CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK for configuring time resolution in RTEMS
do I affect the time resolution of the simulator or is it host computer
dependent?

Thank you very much for help

Fabio Degiovanni

--