CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS question

Harris, Andrew Andrew.Harris at jhuapl.edu
Tue Sep 16 21:46:17 UTC 2003

Hi -

	I'm trying to run test case sp02 and when I adjust the
CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS to something other (greater) than 4, wierd things
happen.  I think I need the max tasks to be greater than 4 because I have
tcp/ip support configured in.

	I went into system.h in the sp02 directory and changed the
CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS field.  I'm using the mvme2307 BSP with an mvme2600
board.  At first I thought the clockIsr/clock system was configured
incorrectly, because with 5 tasks, TA2 never comes back after 1 minute.  But
I think the BSP is setting things up correctly for my application because
the clockIsr *is* triggering every 10ms.

	Below is some test case 02 output.  Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
-andrew

with CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS = 5
*** TEST 2 ***
INIT - rtems_task_wake_after - yielding processor
PREEMPT - rtems_task_delete - deleting self
INIT - suspending TA2 while middle task on a ready chain
TA2 - rtems_task_wake_after - sleep 1 minute
<and then nothing else happens (and I wait for > 1 minute)>

with CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS = 6
*** TEST 2 ***
INIT - rtems_task_wake_after - yielding processor
PREEMPT - rtems_task_delete - deleting self
INIT - suspending TA2 while middle task on a ready chain
TA3 - rtems_task_wake_after - sleep 5 seconds
TA3 - rtems_task_delete - delete self
<and then nothing else happens>

with CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS = 7 or 8
*** TEST 2 ***
INIT - rtems_task_wake_after - yielding processor
PREEMPT - rtems_task_delete - deleting selexception handler called for
exception
 7
         Next PC or Address of fault = 1FDE334
         Saved MSR = 8B032
         R0 = 0
         R1 = 1FD7670
         R2 = 32250
         R3 = 0
         R4 = 0
         R5 = 30000
         R6 = 3032
         R7 = 0
         R8 = B032
         R9 = 1FDE334
         R10 = 0
         R11 = 1FDEAB8
         R12 = 11770
         R13 = 357A4
         R14 = 0
         R15 = 0
         R16 = 0
         R17 = 0
         R18 = 0
         R19 = 0
         R20 = 0
         R21 = 0
         R22 = 0
         R23 = 0
         R24 = 1
         R25 = 1
         R26 = 1FD76A0
         R27 = 0
         R28 = 1FD77D8
         R29 = 0
         R30 = 1FDF038
         R31 = 1FDE374
         CR = 84000048
         CTR = 122A4
         XER = 0
         LR = 1FDE334
         DAR = 0
Stack Trace:
  IP: 0x01FDE334, LR: 0x01FDE334
unrecoverable exception!!! Push reset button