SO_RCVWAKEUP & SO_SNDWAKEUP

Rolf Schroedter Rolf.Schroedter at dlr.de
Tue Sep 30 07:24:34 UTC 2003

Seems I need some clarification on the SO_RCVWAKEUP & SO_SNDWAKEUP
callbacks:

SO_RCVWAKEUP:
Will it be called once when data arrives or repeatedly when
data is available ? E.g. What happens, if the application
doesn't read *all* available data from the socket, but leaves
some bytes in the input queue ? Will there be a 2nd SO_RCVWAKEUP
callback ?

SO_SNDWAKEUP:
Will I have exactly one callback after each write() call,
or repeated callbacks whenever there is space available
in the output buffer ?

IMO that's important to know to avoid application deadlocks.

Thanks,
Rolf.