RTEMS Makefile Support

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Tue Sep 30 07:41:37 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 09:05, Cedric Aubert wrote:
> Hi alls,
>
> I want to integrate RTEMS Makefile with the Sniff+
> Penguin (Free TakeFive
> Version 3.2)
> Makefile Support throught the Platform Makefile
> support of Sniff+. I just
> want to use
> this to build my user application with rtems bsp and
> compiler. Not for build
> the
> bsp.
>
> Does anyone try this ?
>
> In fact I have some problem to understand how RTEMS
> Makefile works (for
> application side
> only, the BSP Makefile). I don't understand throught
> my navigation of the
> BSP Makefile how
> is use setup the variables :
> - LINK.c .cc
> - AM_xxxxxx
>
> Can anyone can explain how those variable is set ?
I don't fully understand what you are trying to do, but there are two
basic issues:

1. Building a package for RTEMS
Here you should have a look into the package's building instructions.
You'll  have to find the details on how to build it. This basically
should reduce to finding out how and what to pass CFLAGS, CC etc. to the
package's configuration/Makefile.

What to do exactly highly depends on the details of the package.

It basically should be something similar to
1. build and install your BSP
2. set up a package's CC and CFLAGS to pick up the BSP.

It could be something similar to
CC="<target>-rtems-gcc
-B/opt/rtems/<target>-rtems/lib/<BSP>/bsp_specs/"\
 CFLAGS="<some cpu flags>" ./configure

I don't know Sniff+'s configuration and hardly can't say more about it.

2. Using a package with RTEMS.
This should reduce to extending your application building infrastructure
(Makefiles etc) to pick up the package. Here you have any freedom to do
what ever you like to.

Ralf