Where is the clock driver

Mon Sep 8 18:36:27 UTC 2003

Kamen Penev wrote:

> Leon Pollak wrote:
>
>> I defined the CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_TIMER_DRIVER, this was my
>> error.
>> The difference between TIMER and CLOCK on the application level seems
>> to be not so clear for unfamiliar user...
>>
>> Do you know where one can read about all these definitions?
>>

> RTEMS C User's Guide.
>
> Ch.  2: Key Concepts
> Ch.  7: Clock Manager
> Ch.  8: Timer Manager

Ch7 and 8 deal with the Classic API Managers.  Leon is looking at the
device drivers of the same name so should be in the BSP and Device
Driver Guide.

The clock driver is responsible for making a clock tick happen.  It
exists solely to call rtems_clock_tick() at a regular rate.

The timer driver is seldom used in real applications.  Its primary
purpose is to support the tmtests.

> Ch. 22: Configuring a System

This chapter does cover the CONFIGURE_ constants.