BSP for MIPS32 4KC

Wed Sep 10 13:35:11 UTC 2003

Ren, Han Tao (Hans) wrote:
> Dear RTEMS  Users
>
> I'm going to study MIPS32 4KC. I found there are several BSPs for MIPS.
> p4600, p4650, jmr3904, and genmongoosev.  What are the differences for these
> BSPs?

They are for different boards with different peripherals and
CPU models. :)

Seriously, you will have to identify the peripherals on your
potential boards and see what other BSPs (including non-MIPS
ones) have similar peripherals.  For example, knowing your
UART was a Z8530 or 16550 would let us say that there is a
driver for that much even though your precise board has no
BSP.  You will be assemblying/writing a BSP it is just a matter of
where the pieces come from.

> and which is most similar to a MIPS32 board, like MIPS Malta board or
> MIPS Atlas board?

I don't know those MIPS boards.

The p46xx are mips64orion BSPs (R4600 and R4650).
jmr3904 is a Toshiba TX3904.
MongooseV is a space harded MIPS based upon the LSI33000
MIPS R3000 series.

Personally I would use the jmr3904 as a starting point because
it has a simulator in gdb which you can use to execute tests
on.  But the mongoosev BSP is first class also.  You just
won't have hardware for it. :)