BSP for MIPS32 4KC

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Wed Sep 10 16:13:29 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 18:03, mikeci at acm.org wrote:
> > Ren, Han Tao (Hans) wrote:
> >> Dear RTEMS  Users
> >>
> >> I'm going to study MIPS32 4KC. I found there are several BSPs for
> >> MIPS. p4600, p4650, jmr3904, and genmongoosev.  What are the
> >> differences for these BSPs?
> >

> Hi!
>
> I've started with p4000 which is simmilar to MIPS32. Please note that
> current MIPS BSPs doesn't support MIP32, and require some changes in
> context switch and interrupt handling.

Are you familiar with the p4000? Did you actually use it?
The p4xxx BSP-family is troublesome for quite a while and has a lot of
problems with gcc, probably because nobody has used it recently, and
mips-gcc had been permantently changing its flags (None of the p4xxx
BSPs currently builds, not with gcc-3.2.3 nor with gcc-3.3.x).

Main problem wrt. the p4000-BSP-family: Which CFLAGS to use for which
p4xxx-variant? If you (or somebody else) should be knowledgeable to tell
us, any help would be highly appreciated.

Otherwise, I fear the p4000-BSP family is doomed to die in near future
;)

Ralf