Console_tbl setData and getData

Fri Sep 19 11:13:16 UTC 2003

Cedric Aubert wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>What setData and getData is use for ?
>I see it's use to read RX register and write TX
>but I don't understand why is here, we also have
>in the console_tbl the function to read and write
>characters in polled or interrupt mode.
>
>Can somebody explain it to me ?

The console_tbl has enough support functions to handle any type of
UART.  Some make a distinction between control and data registers.
Some don't.  THose that do not, ignore those fields.

>Thanks a lot
>
>PS : I think this function could be usefull to read
>and write signal to make a update to support
>TIOCMSET and TIOCMGET command. Could be done in a
>shared console.c, if everybody is ok I could make
>a patch for approbation.

I think the real HW driver will have to be intercept this and act upon
it as part of the ioctl() processing.  I think it might require an addition
to the  rtems_termios_callback OR (nicer) a new interpretation of some
piece of data in struct termios so setAttributes can work.