How many Timers Can I Create???

Alex kbyte at iol.pt
Mon Apr 12 08:56:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

Does RTEMS has a confifured maximum number o timers it supports, or it naturally crashs when too much timers are created?

In an test I am doing I have the following:

#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_POSIX_TIMERS 150
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_ 150

Then I have source code to create 100 timers, but when the program starts it hangs, even before starting sreating the first timer. The timers are created with the timer_create POSIX function.

If I configure maximum timers to 10 and if the source code only creates 10 timers everything is fine.
I searched in the limits.h but I found noting... :-(

Where could I find this kind of "system limits", for timers or for something else, like tasks, etc ???

Many thanks,

Alex