cygwin configure problem

Smith, Gene gene.smith at siemens.com
Tue Aug 17 15:16:25 UTC 2004

Tried to run the configure step (Getting Started with RTEMS, pg 29 for
version 4.6.1) and have observed a problem. My default installation of
cygwin on w2k put my "home" directory under /cygdrive/c/Documents and
Settings/USERID/ which is where I put my rtems files I downloaded and
made my tools and build-rtems dirs as described in the manual.

When I run the configure I get some obscure messages about missing or
old scripts and mentions of /cygdrive/c/Documents nearby. Finally I get
a helpful and definitive message:

../rtems-4.6.1/configure: line 3555: cd: /cygdrive/c/Documents: No such
file or directory

The script at 3555 is trying to do essentially
cd `pwd`
Pwd generates a string containing "Documents and Settings" but cd
trucates it at the first un-escaped space producing just ".../Documents"
which causes the choke.

Guess I will have to move my rtems stuff to where the cygwin path
contains no spaces.

-gene