cygwin configure problem

Ralf Corsepius ralf_corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Aug 17 15:47:50 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 17:16, Smith, Gene wrote:

> cd `pwd`
> Pwd generates a string containing "Documents and Settings" but cd
> trucates it at the first un-escaped space producing just ".../Documents"
> which causes the choke.
>
> Guess I will have to move my rtems stuff to where the cygwin path
> contains no spaces.
Exactly. It's a general limitation with all autoconf generated configure
scripts. There are occasions where quoting strings containing white
spaces fail. Sometimes, the cause is a bug in autoconf, sometimes the
cause is a bug in the shell being used, sometimes it's a bug elsewhere.

Rule of thumb: Don't use whitespaces.

Ralf