cygwin configure problem

Smith, Gene gene.smith at siemens.com
Tue Aug 17 21:50:00 UTC 2004

Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote, On 8/17/2004 4:10 PM:

>> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> Rule of thumb: Don't use whitespaces.
>

> Right.  I have found it difficult to even write shell scripts and have
> arguments with spaces in them to reliably get passed around.
>
> This is probably a tip worth adding to the Getting Started since
> it isn't that uncommon to find yourself under "Documents and Settings"
> under XP.

I also think I saw something like this: Had my rtems file under c:\Gene\
(with a  capital G per windows). When I tried to build rtems under
cygwin path /cygdrive/c/Gene/4.6.1-rtems/tools/build-rtems somehow in
the path conversion in the scripts the G got changed to g and nothing
could be found. This may be another possible manual addition (no caps in
cygwin paths but needs to be verified).

However, being unable to get build to work in cygwin due to antivirus is
the real stopper for me since I can't kill or disable it w/o a official
password.

-gene