Question on netboot and discard tests

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Aug 19 15:40:24 UTC 2004

I'm testing a board that uses the i82559 and probes as type "0x1229"
(Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet), currently disabled as "UNTESTED" in
if_fxp.c

Everything works fine, but I had some issues with the "discard" command.

First, DATA_SINK_HOST is hardwired to the IP address 128.233.14.60 with
no note about changing it.

Second, at first my server gave up after 256 UDP discards because of
inetd rate limiting.  I saw no errors on the console though the discard
port was unreachable.  That is expected since UDP in unreliable, right?

Maybe a note about inetd and the "-R" switch are in order.

I'll let the list know if the 0x1229 driver seems fine after I've
tested it some more.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.