Goahead code

Steve Holle sholle at link-comm.com
Thu Aug 19 19:11:05 UTC 2004

At 11:24 AM 8/19/2004, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 18:02, Steve Holle wrote:
> > How hard would it be to extract the GoAhead code from the RTEMS build and
> > make it a library so I could change the webrom.c and webmain.c files
> > without rebuilding rtems?
>Why would you want to do this?
>
>Apologize the dumb question, but I have never used the GoAhead server:
>Do these files contain configuration information you need to change per
>application? If yes, these files should not be built as part of the BSP
>or need to be redesigned. If no, there should not be any reason to
>extract them from the per-bsp source-tree.

This is probably due to my lack of understanding about how to extract the
files I need to change.  See Mr. Doerfler's email.  I will be trying his
suggestions this afternoon.

> >  It now takes us 30min. to rebuild rtems!
>Which host-machine/OS is this?

Windows/Cygwin.  I know, this is probably the most efficient environment
but it's what we have right now.

>30min is extraordinary sloooowww.

Tell me about it.

>*Full builds* of the source tree for one BSPs take very much less on my
>1GHz PIII Linux-PC.
>
>*Rebuilds*, after having changed some source-files, can take from few
>seconds up to the time a full build takes.
>
> > Has anyone done this?
>No.
>
> > Could someone give me details?
>
>It's almost trivial:
>
>Comment out the corresponding lines from the corresponding Makefile.ams,
>add references to these files and rules to the Makefile.am you want them
>to be compiled and rebuild the Makefile.ins.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try Mr. Doerfler's suggestion first and if
that doesn't work I'll take a look at your suggestion.

>Ralf

Steve Holle
Link Communications, Inc.
1035 Cerise Rd.