ICMP in RTEMS

Yanjun Luo yjluo at panjet.net
Thu Dec 2 06:33:30 UTC 2004

Hi Chris,

> This is typical of the MAC on your board seeing only broadcast
> packets and no MAC frames with a unique MAC address programmed into
> your hardware.

I set MAC address to 00:01:02:03:04:05 before init network part.

> Check you have a valid MAC address setup in your hardware (valid OUI
> etc) and it matches what is being sent in the ARP response to the
> PC. On the PC check the arp cache with the arp command.

My board get the right MAC I think, I can catch the ARP reply packet
which send by my board with sniffer, and also I can see my PC get
the MAC address correctly. I can see my board IP and MAC in my PC
with arp -a.

It seems that everything is OK, but my board only reply the ARP
request, refuse to reply ping request.
With RTEMS' netdemo test code, I can see below message.
I think my board also get my PC's IP and MAC,but why it don't
reply my ping request? I guess maybe my board don't have ICMP support,
I need to re-config RTEMS? But how to config with ICMP support?

Regards,
Yanjun Luo.

Destination     Gateway/Mask/Hw    Flags     Refs     Use Expire Interface
default         192.168.0.1        UGS         0        0      0 eth0
192.168.0.0     255.255.255.0      U           0        0      8 eth0
192.168.0.1     00:0A:EB:52:8E:F4  UHL         1        0  10184 eth0
192.168.0.149   00:11:09:40:17:20  UHL         0     2008  10050 eth0
192.168.0.255   FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF  UHL         0       18      0 eth0
************ MBUF STATISTICS ************
mbufs:2048    clusters: 256    free: 256
drops:   0       waits:   0  drains:   0
      free:2047          data:1           header:0           socket:0
       pcb:0           rtable:0           htable:0           atable:0
    soname:0           soopts:0           ftable:0           rights:0
    ifaddr:0          control:0          oobdata:0

************ INTERFACE STATISTICS ************
***** eth0 *****
Ethernet Address: 00:01:02:03:04:08
Address:192.168.0.144   Broadcast Address:192.168.0.255   Net
mask:255.255.255.0
Flags: Up Broadcast Running
Send queue limit:50   length:0    Dropped:0
 Total Interrupts:0           Rx Interrupts:0
Giant:0               Non-octet:0
          Bad CRC:0               Collision:0                  Missed:0
    Tx Interrupts:0                  Deferred:0               Lost
Carrier:0
Single Collisions:0       Multiple Collisions:0       Excessive
Collisions:0
 Total Collisions:0            Late Collision:0
Underrun:0
  Raw output wait:0

************ IP Statistics ************
             total packets received        5158
 datagrams delivered to upper level        5158
    total ip packets generated here        3035
  datagrams successfully fragmented          12
           output fragments created          72

************ ICMP Statistics ************

************ UDP Statistics ************
                total input packets        5158
     of above, arrived as broadcast        5158
               total output packets        3030

************ TCP Statistics ************
              connections initiated           1
      embryonic connections dropped           1
      conn. closed (includes drops)           1
     segs where we tried to get rtt           1
                retransmit timeouts           4
                 keepalive timeouts           1
   connections dropped in keepalive           1
                 total packets sent           5
              ack-only packets sent           4
 control (SYN|FIN|RST) packets sent           1