MIPS updates for rtems-4.7

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 6 21:14:22 UTC 2004

Hi,

The overdue mips32/R4000 patch for rtems is now committed to the cvs
head.  Joel tells me he's wanting to get these changes into 4.7, so
they are not present in the 4.6.x branches.

I have tested them under the Mongoose and jmr3904 targets using
gcc-3.3.3, but the other bsp's should also be exercised.  If you do so
and run into problems, please let me know so we get get it right.

Many thanks to Jay Monkman who tested & fed back to me the mips32
patches, as well as cooking up the libnetworking patches to fix some
endianness problems for MIPS targets.

The following updates were committed under the PR 730 gnats entry;

cpukit/score/cpu/mips

	mips32 ifdefs throughout the .S, .c and .h files as required
	to set up the definitions and R4000 status register
	manipulation.  cpu_asm also required a number of changes to
	support R4000 context switches and return from interrupts.

libnetworking

        expanded arm ifdefs to handle alignment MIPS alignment issues
        as well.  No code changes were made.

Thanks,

Greg Menke