My own driver

komam at interia.pl komam at interia.pl
Mon Dec 13 15:01:49 UTC 2004

I have one problem with rtems. I want write my own driver and I have questions about it:
1) It's most important to me - how set autoconf/automake. I don't known how set parameters, compile and link my driver with BSP.
2) Could you tell me that I am right:
	a) First I create my driver files, add function like initialize, open, close read, write and control (of course if I need it). In my initialization funcion I use rtems_io_register_name.
	b) Second I set define CONFIGURE_HAS_OWN_DEVICE_DRIVER_TABLE in my application code file and I set my own DRIVER_TABLE_ENTRY and create my own Device_drivers table.
	c) Now I can use my device from /dev with function like open.

And now I don't know how to compile and link this. I tryed use function rtems_io_register_driver but I had errors like rtems_io_register_driver resources still outstanding.

Thanks

Adam Piotrowski