Custom CPU porting

sashti srinivasan svasn_rtems at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 17:14:29 UTC 2004

Hello,

      I want to Port RTEMS to a custom CPU.  I request
the mailing list for following clarifications:

    (1)  References to documents regarding how to do
the port

    (2)  I am somewhat comfortable to programming on
top of RTEMS, but do not know anything internal as of
now.  I will be doing this porting work as a SINGLE
PERSON.  Approximately in how many HOURS can I expect
this port to complete.

    (3)  TOOL-CHAIN : Either the tool-chain could be
readily available OR I may be REQUIRED to port the
tool-chain first.  Approximately in how many HOURS can
I complete this TOOL-CHAIN port as a SINGLE PERSON.

    (4)  Manuals regarding how to port the tool-chain.

    (5)  Some documentation describing the source-code
layout of RTEMS.

Thanks in advance
Srinivasan