"Can't obtain network semaphore"

Steve Holle sholle at link-comm.com
Fri Dec 17 17:39:04 UTC 2004

Ouch!  Good call Brett.  I just assumed ( we all know what that results in
) that all the queue calls were interrupt safe.

What I intend to do is put the interrupt processing in another thread that
is suspended and wake it up from the interrupt like I probably should have
done from the beginning.  If anyone has a better idea, please let me know.

At 09:47 AM 12/17/2004, Brett Swimley wrote:

>Steve Holle wrote:
>

>>Is it legal to call rtems_message_queue_receive from an interrupt?
>
>I'm looking at a somewhat dated version of the RTEMS C User's Guide, and
>the rtems_message_queue_receive function is NOT listed as one of the
>allowed system calls that can be made from an ISR.
>
>Brett
>
>--
>Brett Swimley
>Sr. Design Engineer