Problems with select

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda camilo.arboleda at spymac.com
Sat Dec 4 17:34:27 UTC 2004

Chris Johns escribió:

> Camilo Alejandro Arboleda wrote:
>

>> I'm having trouble with select(). It returns -1, but the the
>> networking is working fine. What can cause select() to return -1?
>>
>> I don´t know if there are any generic reasons for that, or it depends
>> only on my code or both.
>>

> Select can return -1 on an error and errno is set appropriately.
>
> What is errno set to ?

It returns "Bad file number". Doing some debug i've found that the
problem is not in select. The situation is:

- I have two tasks, one for sending data and the other for receiving.
- At some point the 'writing task' sends a packet, and then sends a
'FIN-ACK' packet, without returning error, or close() being called.

Any idea?