RTEMS 4.6.2 on Cygwin

Richardson, Anthony ar63 at evansville.edu
Tue Dec 14 19:29:49 UTC 2004

Mark Dean wrote:
> I'm trying to build RTEMS 4.6.2 on Cygwin at the moment and
> the install works fine, the patches apply with no problems
> and the tools build ok. BUT when I come to build RTEMS I get
> the error "Missing Seperator" in one of the Makefiles which
> the configure tool seems to have created. Anyone seen
> anything like this before? I'd really appreciate any help
> from anyone that's using Cygwin with RTEMS. Currently we use
> Linux but we'd like to switch over to Cygwin.

I build under Cygwin for the pc386 regularly with no problems.
It might be a target specific problem.  I've noticed that certain
combinations of configure options give me build errors even for the
pc386.  Here's a portion of my current "kitchen sink" configure
script for the pc386 that builds under cygwin (for me anyway):

instdir=/opt/rtems-4.6/tools/pc386-install

configopts=""
configopts=" $configopts --prefix=\"$instdir\""
configopts=" $configopts --target=i386-rtems"
configopts=" $configopts --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386"
configopts=" $configopts --enable-posix"
configopts=" $configopts --enable-networking"
configopts=" $configopts --enable-rdbg"
configopts=" $configopts --enable-cxx"
configopts=" $configopts --disable-itron"

eval /opt/rtems-4.6/tools/rtems-4.6.2/configure $configopts