file system

Mon Feb 2 19:50:07 UTC 2004

Ed Sutter wrote:

> Joel,
>
>>Ed would it be possible to put together an
>>RTEMS filesystem plug-in that hooked to the uMon TFS calls?
>

> Assuming this process is similar to the GNU newlib stubs,
> then sure.  It shouldn't be a big deal.  Can you point
> me to some docs or code to reference for doing this?

I don't know that any documentation exists that is worth
referring to at this point.  :(

I assume that this is such a simple mapping that the
code in cpukit/libnetworking/lib/tftpDriver.c that provides
the illusion of a filesystem which is really a TFTP client
might be the best starting point.  I think that you are
just mapping the RTEMS file descriptor into a direct
call to uMon with its handle.

This setup would make the TFS a mountable filesystem
and then you would read and write it through the hooks.

I think once you get your hands around the RTEMS filesystem
entry points, it will be a piece of cake.

> Can't promise a quick turn-around, but I'll gladly give it a shot.
> I have a CSB472 (powerpc) that I can test it out on.

:) If you ever want to submit that BSP, it is welcomed.

> Ed
>
> PS..
> Or, if someone else has a use for this, and needs it quickly,
> I'll gladly supply what I've done with the newlib hooks as a
> starting point.

I'll let someone else bite on that. :)

--joel