raw_idt_notify on i386ex

Juergen Zeller juergen.zeller at argovision.de
Thu Feb 5 06:47:20 UTC 2004

Hello all, please help, I get frustrated!

I'm not very experienced in BSP-porting and I have to run RTEM 4.6.0 on
a specific board with an intel i386ex, 512k flash, 1M Ram. I'm not able
to run the hello sample. The initialisation stops with the message
'raw_idt_notify has been called' after the _Context_Switch. The init -
task never gets reached.
When I try to run the ticker sample I also get the message
'raw_idt_notify has been called'. I read in the list that this should be
some interrupt problem but how can I figure it out? I changed the
console driver for simply polling data out via sio1, therefore the clock
driver should be the only interrupt source. A furher printk tells me
that my clock isr gets invoked. I figured out that the raw_idt_notify is
called by exception 6.
I thought the interrupt setting should be ok if my isr gets invoked? The
hello sample uses no clock driver. What goes wrong here?

regards

juergen

--
Jürgen Zeller