some newbie questions

sebastian ssmoller sebastian.ssmoller at gmx.net
Fri Feb 13 09:30:22 UTC 2004

hi,
i am new to rtems. i looked around in the docs and sources and i find it
really interesting.

i am currently working in two projects using some developer board (ip
460) with a 68040 (host) and a 68360 (communication) cpu on it. further
more these boards have CAN (controller area network) controller support.

the more i look inside the rtems stuff the more i wonder whether it
could be possible to adopt rtems for my needs.

so could you please help me to answer some remaining questions (or
just point me to the right place in your documentation set):

- how do i install rtems on the target plattform ? i currently use
  serial line.

- is it possible to write and use my own scheduler ?

- how difficult would it be to add CAN Controller support to rtems ?

- what requirements does rtems have ? (disk ?, memory ?)

Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks.

regards,
seb

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: Hey guys you left some holes out there!