rtems_event_receive() return code question

Mon Feb 2 18:01:58 UTC 2004

Thomas Rauscher wrote:

> [...]

It is not the intended behavior.  If you get a non-successful status,
then there should be no events received.

Technically the timeout code may need to be more paranoid in the case
an event generating interrupt source nests the timeout code in the
clock tick ISR.  So it might be worth considering, something like this:

   _ISR_Disable( ... );
     if ( the_thread->Wait.count ) {  /* verify thread is waiting */
         the_thread->Wait.return_code = RTEMS_TIMEOUT;
         the_thread->Wait.count = 0;
         _ISR_Enable( ... )
         _Thread_Unblock( the_thread );
      } else
       _ISR_Enable( ... );

What about that for the else case in _Event_Timeout()?