ifmedia_xx() and mii_xx() ?

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Tue Feb 10 01:44:58 UTC 2004

Thomas Doerfler wrote:

> By the way: did you check, whether a FreeBSD driver is
> available for the network interface you are using? Maybe it
> would make things MUCH easier to port an existing driver from
> FreeBSD to RTEMS. It took me about 2 days to get the if_exp
> driver working when porting it that way...

Checking FreeBSD and NetBSD is always worth doing but I would not state
FreeBSD is easier. For the drivers I have ported I found NetBSD better
to port as the FreeBSD driver contained far too much PC and ISA bus
specific code while the NetBSD had a nice layering for difference bus
type, ie VME, PCI, ISA.

--
  Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec . com . au