loopback test fails - no such process

durai durai at isofttech.com
Wed Feb 11 15:47:54 UTC 2004

Hi all,
RTEMS Version : 4.6.0-pre5
Processor     : MIPS
Configuration:

#define CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK 1000 /* 1 millisecond */
#define CONFIGURE_TICKS_PER_TIMESLICE 50 /* 50 milliseconds */

When I run the loopback application it fails with the following error.

"Network" initializing!
Can't set lo0 address: No such process
This error comes from  rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig (ifp->name, SIOCSIFADDR,
&address) call in rtems_glue.c
When I traced futher into the code i found that the function rtrequest (in
file "cpukit/libnetworking/net/route.c") returns the error.

 if ((rnh = rt_tables[dst->sa_family]) == 0)
                senderr(ESRCH);

What are the basic things need to run the loopback sample? I am able to run
the hello world and ticker samples correctly.
thanks in advance
durai