some newbie questions

Ed Sutter els at emailbox.hdtv.lucent.com
Thu Feb 19 19:33:40 UTC 2004

I just did a quick scan of the 68360 user's manual...

The CONFIG2–CONFIG0 pins select the QUICC initial configuration during reset (see Table
2-6). They decide whether the CPU32+ core will be enabled or disabled, the global chip
select port will be 8-, 16-, or 32-bits, and the MBAR address will be $003FF00 or
$0033FF04. After reset, these pins may be programmed to their other function. The
CONFIG2–CONFIG0 lines have internal pullup resistors so that if they are left floating, the
default selection will be 111. See Section 6 System Integration Module (SIM60) for more
information.

Are you sure you're using the right MBAR address?  According to the above text,
the MBAR will be at 0x3ff00 or 0x33FF04.  Looks like you may be off by 0x300000.

Ed